Senior Controls Engineer
We're looking for a Senior Controls Engineer for a world-class leader in providing automated and robotic systems for industrial and scientific applications. Our client designs, manufactures and installs a wide range of complex automated systems using the very latest robotics, servo, PLC and vision systems.
As Controls Engineer you will be working alongside Mechanical and Electrical Design Engineers to design, programme and commission bespoke automation machinery.
You will be utilising your skills and experience to write full machinery PLC software from scratch, create screens and programme HMIs, programme a range of robots and produce supporting technical documentation.
- Fully test and commission the equipment and machinery to ensure a successful FAT & SAT.
- Programme a range of robots including ABB, KUKA, FANUC, Yaskawa.
- Alongside the wider design team produce required technical documentation complying with UK and international standards and machinery directives, including risk assessments and machinery manuals.
- Writing full machinery PLC software from scratch, creating screens and programme HMI's
- Experience with Siemens and Rockwell programming software. (TIA Portal, RSLogix, WinCC etc).
- A good understanding and experience of UKCA/CE Technical file creation including risk assessments
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics and vacuum systems
- Degree/equivalent or higher in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering, or Computer Science.
- HND, HNC, BTEC
- Around 4 years or more industry experience
This role is full-time and permanent. You'll be largely site based near Bredbury so you will need to be in commuting distance. There will be some travel (around 20% of the year) but mainly within the UK.
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.