Paint Plant Operative
We have some exciting opportunities that have become available with our client based in St. Helens, who are specialists in developing enclosure solutions for critical infrastructure operators, systems integrators and global OEMs.
You'll be working for a business that has partnered with two of the world’s leading specialists in electrostatic powder coating, GEMA and RDM, and had created one of the most advanced in-house powder paint operations in the UK. They've invested in this technology and after opening their new paint plant, they are looking for Paint Plant Operatives to join the team.
Paint Plant Operatives and Powder Coating Operatives are key roles for the organisation. Ensuring they produce high-quality powder-coated components prior to their next stage in the manufacturing process. Ensuring the delivery of exceptional products to exact customer specifications and standards.
You'll be working in a plant that is over 950 sqm and houses two advanced powder coating processes including two ovens and on- and off-line spray booths. Line one comprises a fully automated online solution, with an advanced four stage pre-treatment wash, and encompasses the latest fast colour change powder application technology.
- Correct loading, unloading and inspection of items on and off the paint line.
- Correct handling and storage of materials.
- Preparation and masking of parts to be painted.
- Correct hanging of items to be painted, using hooks and jigs to maximize efficiency.
- Masking items to drawings and specifications before they enter the painting process.
- Safely moving parts in and out of the department.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Adherence to all Health and Safety procedures.
Key skills and competencies:
You must be a team player with a positive attitude and self-motivated individual who produces high quality work, in addition to being able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to interpret information on job ticket and technical drawings.
- Excellent communication.
- Attention to detail.
You will work a rotating weekly shift pattern of 6am until 2pm/2pm until 10pm, Monday to Thursday and 6am until 12pm/12pm until 6pm on a Friday including a paid 30-minute meal break.
With shift allowance, the rate of pay for this role is £12.65 per hour. This role is permanent.
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing business and become part of an exciting new investment. Previous experience in the powder coating industry would be an advantage but isn't always required. Think this might be the role for you? Get in touch with your CV.
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.