Health & Safety Officer
We're looking for a Health and Safety Officer for a manufacturing site based in St. Helens.
Your role will be to coordinate, support, and advise the Business on all aspects with regard to Health and Safety. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training, and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within the company are adhered to. Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
About the role
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, fire and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules, and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated, and communicated
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments, and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Coordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work, and procedures
- Establish a full program of documented health & safety inspections, audits, and checks
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programs and health and safety services.
Skills and competencies:
- At least 5 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- NEBOSH (Certificate) qualified with the commitment to work towards a H&S diploma accreditation
- IOSH Managing safely trained
- COSHH Trained
- Experience formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
This is full-time and permanent, on-site.
Hours: 08.30 – 16.45 Mon – Fri 08.30 – 15.30 Fri, 30 min unpaid lunch break (37.5 hours per week).
Salary: £32,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company pension
- Free on-site parking
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.