Fire & Security Engineer
We are looking for a Fire & Security Engineer for a permanent job.
In this role you will undertake the checking, testing and/or setting into operation of equipment and systems in accordance with quality procedures, the project specification, the project programme, technical directives and the specified standards. When the system is operational, to demonstrate to the customer the system complies with the contract specification.
To provide a professional service to meet customers’ requirements and to ensure compliance with the National British or other relevant Standards.
Work will include:
- Providing services and call-out engineering for equipment and systems in accordance with service specifications, the customer specifications and or British or other Defined Standards.
- Recording and providing the appropriate information required to comply with the same standards and specifications including works reports, check sheets and test records. Porviding this information in a timely and professional manner.
- Liaising on-site with the customer's designated representative(s).To liaising with other contractors/subcontractors, to ensure site operations are fully coordinated.
- Acting as a responsible team member, to ensure the service or project manager is fully informed of the progress of the engineering activity.
- Ensuring all site documentation, drawings and schedules are updated with any changes as routine servicing or commissioning proceeds.
- Demonstrating to the customers representative(s) that the equipment and system complies with the contract specification.
- The training of the customer's staff, as required by the contract terms and conditions.
- Attending personal training programmes as required.
- Preparing time sheets, on a weekly basis.
- Refering to your department manager for technical support, when required.
- Ensuring any request by the customer for extra works is referred to the service / project engineer for acceptance/approval, to ensure the correct contractual procedures are followed.
- Ensuring any non-compliant systems, equipment or materials are identified and reported back to the supervisor in sufficient detail so that the customer can be informed and corrective actions can be taken.
- Ensuring all damaged or faulty equipment is carefully packed and immediately returned to the office for investigation as appropriate.
- When requested to respond to emergency call-outs, to ensure the customer receives service support (during normal working hours)
We're looking for someone with excellent people and communication skills as the role involves dealing with customers and potential customers. You will require patience, understanding and the ability to act calmly and resolve difficult situations. A logical approach to fault diagnosis is a distinct advantage. Self-motivated with good personal organisation, forward planning and the ability to provide accurate reports where necessary. You will be expected to represent the company in a professional and diligent manner at all times.
Get in touch with your CV if this sounds like your next career move.
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.