This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for a Design Engineer
In this role you will be responsible for developing new products or systems, as well as the improvement of existing designs, products, machinery, and equipment.
You will work within the design department and will be required to undertake the following tasks:
- Designing electromechanical assemblies (and enclosures) using Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Generating 3D models and 2D drawings
- Generating complete bills of materials for the designed products
- Generating work instructions for the manufacture of the designed products
- Attending meetings to better understand the clients' requirements.
- Spending time with production learning the company processes and machinery used in the manufacture of products/components.
- Researching whether the design will work and be cost-effective (DFMEA).
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact, and safety of a design.
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create prototypes.
- Collecting and analysing data from tests on prototypes.
- Improving efficiency of current 3D modelling methods, use of vault, automatic drawing generation, and automatic generation of bills of materials.
- Use of thermal modelling from SolidWorks.
Salary range is between £40-45k pa and you will work closely with all the design engineers but will report to the Technical Engineering Manager.
Have relevant experience and are looking for a new role then get in touch.
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.