Business Development Manager
We're looking for a driven, people person with excellent communication skills to join our client as their Business Development Manager.
Your focus wil be on targeting new prospects and markets and managing an existing portfolio of major accounts. To excel in this role you should be curious, imaginative, and an active listener with a compelling sales personality. You'll have a hunger to chase and close new business - from self-started prospecting outreach activity, marketing initiatives, and inbound sales leads.
You'll enjoy researching markets and competitor weaknesses to uncover new opportunities.
The role will involve
• Identifying and contacting prospects, arranging discovery meetings.
• Planning and overseeing marketing initiatives.
• Representing Rainford at conferences and industry events.
• Driving the sales cycle from initiation to contact close and follow-up.
• Working with the Engineering team to develop new products.
• Increasing spend and profitability from existing customers.
• Maintaining CRM data for sales forecasting, opportunity pipeline and leads management.
Ideally, you have Bachelor’s degree or similar in engineering, business, marketing or a related field along with the following:
• Strong consistent track record in new business development and account management.
• Credibility and gravitas to work at all levels in a client organisation.
• Be driven and motivated with a hunter mentality.
• Dedicated to providing an excellent customer service experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
• Excellent organisational and priority management skills.
• Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications including; CRM, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint.
• Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
The above lists are not exhaustive, and you may be requested to undertake additional duties and learn additional skills.
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.