Automation Controls Engineer
We are looking for an Automation/Controls Engineer with an electrical bias for an expanding organistion based near Newcastle Upon Tyne.
They specialise in the design, implementation, optimisation, and automation of solutions to increase the efficiency of production lines. They support all Siemens family applications and Omron, beginning to get jobs with Allen Bradley but not currently.
They are looking for someone either proficient in robotics or PLC.
- Designing PLC and HMI applications from scratch/making modifications to current applications.
- Electrical installation from panel building to machine field wiring
- Act as a trouble-shooter for automation equipment including 6-axis robots (Fanuc/ABB), programmable logic controllers, human-machine interfaces, presses, conveying equipment, and pneumatic and hydraulic actuators
- Supporting new machine builds, installations and modifications
- Designing and developing software solutions in support of automation and robotics automation software
You will need to be proficient in either PLC programming or robotics. Training can be provided for one or the other.
- Siemens S7
- PLC Programming
- Industrial Robotics- 6-axis robots (Fanuc/ABB) desirable
- Electrical – control panels, fault finding and wiring.
- Understand and ideally draw electrical drawings (e-plan experience desirable)
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying software engineering solutions
- Previous experience of working in a similar role and environment
They provide training in the following areas:
- Siemens PLC (Step 7 and TIA Portal)
- Siemens HMI (WinCC and TIA Portal)
- Siemens Servo Systems (Sinamics)
- Installation, commissioning and modification for robots (Yaskawa, Fanuc, Kuka, ABB, Staubli and ToshibaAutomation
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then get in touch with your CV ASAP.
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.