We currently have a great new opportunity for a Sales Engineer
The Sales Engineer will work with salespeople as the technical subject matter expert.
In this varied role you'll take part in initial pre-contract discussion as well as preparing cost estimates and quotations ,which can range from the straightforward to the very complex. You'll be involved with different teams across the business and will support colleagues on wider customer service related tasks. No two days are ever quite the same so these can vary and sometimes be quite random.
If you're creative, a self-starter, keen to learn and looking for a new full-time role then this could be the opportunity you're looking for.
- Deal with customer technical enquiries, producing technical and commercial proposals.
- To be a secondary point of contact (after the salesperson) for existing and prospective
customers to provide fast and efficient responses.
- To independently manage cost estimation and create quotation documents in line with company standards in a timely fashion, validated technically to meet the customer’s specifications.
- Ensure all orders that result from a quotation conform in all aspects to the terms offered before processing / entering the order on to the system.
- Follow up selected quotations in conjunction with the salesperson and record feedback onthe enquiry log system (CRM).
- In conjunction with a salesperson, visit customers’ premises if required.
What we're looking for
- Previous experience of handling customers in a business-to-business environment.
- HNC or degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar). An engineer whounderstands the modern methods of CNC fabrication and manufacture.
- The ability to communicate tactfully and clearly, firmly when necessary.
- Ability to prioritise heavy and variable workload.
- Professional attitude to all aspects of customer care.
- Competent with Microsoft work packages including; Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams,
PowerPoint. Experience with CRM and CAD systems would beneficial.
Sound like the role for you? Get in touch with your CV.
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.