Mechanical Design Engineer
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical/ Hardware Design Manager for a high technology, award winning, engineering/ manufacturing site in the North West.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Develop the justifications for new mechanical and electronic components into deliverable specifications.
- Responsible for delivering the mechanical and electronic components
- Set the targets for and manage the mechanical and electronic team to ensure such targets are met.
- Realisation of complex system requirements to provide robust and reliable hardware solutions.
- Documentation of design specifications and implementation details. Lead design reviews. Upholding of hardware design standards and methodologies.
- Collaboration with other team members (including both hardware and software engineers) to agree system designs, interfaces and protocols etc.
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware.
- Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
- Monitoring and reporting of progress of development to immediate supervisor and development team.
- Proactively support company compliance to Health and Safety legislation through adherence to company polices, processes and practices.
- Act as people manager for the Hardware team, including performance management (EDFs, training, catch up plans, timesheet submission etc), absence management, disciplinary and grievances, and any other tasks commensurate with daily people management, including the creation and maintenance of SOPs (where applicable)
Required knowledge and skills
- Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Able to support/debug system integration
- Good attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Proven experience in handover and management of designs in production.
- Proven design experience in industry.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to effectively research and solve complex technical issues.
- Ability to work effectively with customer representatives from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from junior to the most senior levels whilst displaying a confident, polite and professional demeanour at all times.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
Minimum Qualifications/skills (desired):
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering/related subject
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.