We're currently recruiting a new Finance Manager/ Management Accountant for a fast paced, growing business in the Chester area.
This is a great opportunity for a skilled, finance professional/ Management Accountant to drive efficiencies. If you have experience running multiple projects simultaneously, improving processes and managing the day-to-day functions of the finance department then this could be the perfect role for you.
We're looking for someone who is a good communicator, organised and driven. This all-rounder position and could be perfect for you if you are ambitious and looking for the next step in your career.
About the role
- Permanent, full time
- Flexible working hours / work from home option
- Salary dependant on experience
- Bonus structure
- Fantastic employer pension contributions and other staff benefits.
Job Spec – Main responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the finance function, including P&L, balance sheet & cashflow
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting to key stakeholders.
- Management of the cash flow, banking, creditor/ debtors ledgers.
- All month-end processes, including management accounts, journal preparation, ledger review, balance sheet reconciliation, VAT Returns and CIS returns.
- Financial analysis with comments on variances on budgets vs actual.
- Preparation of the annual budget, quarterly forecasting and financial performance.
- Providing weekly management information and insightful financial analysis including detailed revenue & margin analysis to drive profitability.
- Assistance in setting company KPIs.
- Lead and development of small team at varying levels
- Oversee weekly/monthly payroll and compliance ensuring sign off and completed in a timely manner.
- Cover all aspects of credit control.
- Ad hoc financial projects and analysis.
- Working with accountants as part of the year end statutory process.
- AAT Level 4 or equivalent - Essential
- Minimum three years finance experience in a face paced, high volume environment
- Sage Line 50 payroll and accounts experience.
- Payroll qualification advantageous.
- Problem solver with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communicator skills are a key element in this role as you will be liaising across multiple functions at all levels including senior stakeholders
- Extremely organised
- Understanding of PAYE, Limited Companies and CIS contracts preferred but not essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- A desire to continuously drive improvements around financial control and system process
- Highly proficient Excel user ( Ideally exp with pivot & look up tables, modelling financial data)
- Staff management experience (monthly reviews, performance reviews as required)
If you're looking for the next step in your career or a new challenge then we want to hear from you!
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.