Are you ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified and are looking for a new opportunity? If so this role, which has plenty of scope for career progression, might be just what you are looking for.
Our client is an international company specialising in the design, development, manufacture, integration, testing and repair and overhaul of landing gear and actuation systems and components for the Aerospace market.
The first 12 months in this role will cover an Assistant Controller position responsible for 2 UK sub-divisions as maternity cover. After this period, the individual will then take more central duties for the main UK division.
The first 12 months
Reporting to both the Engineering and Product Controller (based in Canada) and the UK Financial Controller, you’ll be overseeing the financial control, reporting, and profitability of the Engineering and Product Support divisions of their UK business, which has a turnover of circa £10 million.
- Preparing, reporting and reviewing all income statements and balance sheets for respective divisions.
- Controlling spend, tracking changes and cost over-runs on multiyear engineering projects
- Active role in producing financial forecasts and budgets
- Collaborative and active working with Programme Workers to ensure financial objectives are achieved on certain programmes
- Reporting hours consumed on projects, whilst tracking and identifying potential risks
Following a successful mat cover period in this role, the individual will then support the main UK finance team’s responsibilities involving margin and cost centre analysis, group reporting, internal and external audit compliance, forecasting and budgeting amongst other activities.
You will need
- Proven experience as a qualified Accountant, qualified to either ACCA, ACA or CIMA Level
- Experience of business partnering and working across departments to deliver a positive change, ideally in a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Suberb analytical skills with strong commercial awareness and business acumen
- Permanent and full time
- Monday to Thursday 8am to 4:30pm an Fridays 8am until 1pm (The finance team are currently adopting a hybrid working policy)
- Based in Runcorn
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.