We are looking for an electrician with a working knowledge of electrical systems to inspect, conduct maintenance, fault-find and diagnose issues on existing systems and equipment. The role will involve carrying out new electrical installations including, but not limited to, lighting, power, emergency lighting and heating, to the company's standards and to maintain those systems whilst upholding high levels of safety and complying with codes and regulations. Ideal candidates will be able to lead and supervise a team of electricians, mates and sub-contractors on projects.
Applicants for this role should:
· Hold a JIB card
· Be 18th Edition qualified
· Be 2391 Testing & Inspection qualified
· Have been a registered apprentice or undergone some equivalent form of training and have had practical training in electrical installation work
· Hold NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work or approved equivalent
· City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory Part II course or approved equivalent
General duties will include:
· To proficiently diagnose and repair electrical problems in electrical systems and machinery, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring.
· Assess the parts needed for a job and when instructed, organise for those parts to be purchased.
· Conduct routine maintenance and testing on electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer’s standards, including in fire alarms and security systems.
· Rewire faulty electrical systems, such as lighting, power, heating systems and alarms.
· Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes and follows safety requirements.
Work will be on industrial and commercial sites so relevant experience on this type of site is required for this role.
Click here to submit your CV and apply online.